Sunday, June 21, 2015

My Dad


My Dad, my sister Margaret and me. This morning I went looking for a picture of my Dad. I found this old negative, all silvered and scratched. So blurry that I'm surprised that the scan turned out as well as it did. I'm not sure of the year except it was in the 1940's. But that is okay, I still have so many pictures of him in my mind. He would have been 99 years old but he passed away in 1984. He was a quiet man and not very demonstrative but there was never any doubt in my mind that he loved me. I doubt he could have imagined all the places I would go or the things I would do but I know he was always proud of me.

There are other special Dads in my life. Ned who was a good role model for our boys. Now Mike and Doug are Dads and doing a good job with their boys.

Happy Father's Day.

3 comments:

  1. That's a brief but very nice homage to your dad, Billie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al, yes it is brief but just remember I've been blogging for a long time and over the years I've written about my Dad before, first in Billieblog and now in Reservations for One. It is one of the hazards of blogging for me. How to I write about the same subject or person time after time.

      Delete
  2. That's a brief but very nice homage to your dad, Billie.

    ReplyDelete