Thursday, April 21, 2016

Desert Colors


Back in March I went to Big Bend National Park with photography friends. It was my first time there and I thought that maybe I would print a small portfolio of 10 or 12 black and white images for myself. Now I'm working on processing the files and I'm not so sure about the black and white plan. This image captures the colors in such a painterly way. I think it is going to hold up for a large print.

Several of my friends who went have been to Big Bend many, many times and certainly I've seen hundreds of pictures of the place. I mentioned that I wanted to see Big Bend but I didn't feel I would make any picture that had not already been made. That might be true but I did make some that I like.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Mr. Picturetaker. You were right. Even though we were standing within 10 feet of each other we didn't get the same image. We need to go photoing again, soon.

      Delete
  2. Me too! This one and others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Bend is amazing. Alas, lots of pollution has been drifting up from Mexico for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felipe, my friends who have been photographing there since they were young....many years ago, say you use to be able to see forever. You can still see far but not forever.

      Delete